This is a double sided acrylic sanding disc. Use this for badly flaking acrylic paint. There is no need to scrape away the flakey paint, this disc will automatically find the loose paint and feather it back to sound paint. Our water system keeps it cool so there is no risk of the fathered paint delaminating after painting.
Always try this disc first.
For weatherboards, concrete block walls, ply
Sands through mould, lichen, red mould, anti-fouling.
This is not a paint stripping disc.
This acrylic sanding disc uses a “sand screen” based abrasive which has the abrasive material right through the mesh. This means that as the disc wears away, new abrasive material comes in contact with the board being sanded. You can effectively sand right down to the foam part of the disc.
- This disc will sand between 40 and 60 sq meters of acrylic paint so the cost is around 60 cents per square meter.
- The surface can be sanded at a rate of 60 seconds per square meter.
- Costs around 60 cents per square meter
- Takes about 60 seconds to sand a square meter with no clogging or blistering
- Two to three hours to prep an acrylic house so prep on day one and paint on day two.
- Two discs or $40 for your average 100 square meter house.